Right after liftoff he discovers he has a stowaway. The journey takes you into a lost world with the least likely duo on Earth. The movie will be show at Park on Park at 8 p.m., or as soon as it’s dark enough for optimum viewing.
• A best and worst tattoo contest will be held Saturday at little fish HUGE pond. It costs $5 to enter, and the winner will receive a gift certificate to Trinity Tattoo.
• The Lake Monroe Sailing Association is a nonprofit organization celebrating its 25th anniversary. The LMSA promotes all types of sailing from cruising on the wonderful St. Johns River to racing in Lake Monroe and around Central Florida. The weekly Wednesday Night Rum Racing is open to all sailors. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Summer is here and swimming lessons are available at the Dale Aquatic Center. All Instructors are American Red Cross certified. Classes are two-week sessions (eight classes), Monday – Thursday, ages 3 to adult, and cost is $35 per person. For details, call 407-302-1034.
• The Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center is taking reservations for kids in kindergarten through 11th grade for another season of summer camp fun.
The camp will run for one or two weeks (depending on the age) and will teach students about all aspects of theater production, acting, singing, dancing, stage craft and backstage roles. Registration and scholarship forms are available online and at the theater.
• Seminole High School’s Class of 1975 will hold its 35th reunion the weekend of June 18-20.
The venues for activities include Mayfair Golf and Country Club, Jason’s Martini Bar, Route 46 Entertainment District, and the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. For details, go to www.SHSClassOf75.com.
• May 26 - Senior Day Program at Central Florida Zoo
• May 28 - Art Walk, downtown 6 to 9 p.m., sponsored by the Seminole Cultural Arts Council and downtown galleries.
• May 31 – Memorial Day Parade on 1st Street, 10 a.m., remembrance ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park afterwards.
Barbi Bauman, one of Sanford’s special events coordinators, can be reached at 407-688-5004, or email@example.com. To see other activities around town, check out “Events” on the city’s website, www.sanfordfl.gov.