• May 1 is the season finale concert for Jazzed in Sanford with the Orlando Jazz Orchestra. T
Central Florida’s jazz elites have come together and are prepared to take you on a tour through time. If you love jazz, you won’t want to miss what is sure to be a swinging affair with a world-class ensemble performing great music. The concert will be in downtown’s Magnolia Square from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Holy Cross Episcopal Church will have a May Fair on May 1. There will be a large flea market, bake sale, crafts, plant sale, and food booth from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It also will be open the night before from 6 to 9 p.m. Stop by. There will be something fun for everyone. 410 S. Magnolia Ave
• “When momma ain’t happy, nobody’s happy.” On May 2, visit the MOMentous Health Launching Party at the Sanford Civic Center from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
MOMentous Health, shaping a better world one mom at a time, is a mindset and a way to help moms live well in spirit, mind and body. RSVP to DebbyHenry@MOMentousHealth.com.
• May 7 – The Art of Living Southern opening reception: Jeanine Taylor Art Gallery 6 to 9 p.m.
• May 7 – The second annual Tiger Tee-Off Golf Tournament benefiting the Central Florida Zoo 407-323-4450, ext. 112
• May 16PP – Seminole County Master Gardener’s Tour. For details: 407 366 9474;
• May 22PP – Pierre Matisse in person at the Women’s Club in Sanford. Advance tickets sales only. Contact email@example.com to order.
Barbi Bauman, one of Sanford’s special events coordinators, can be reached at 407-688-5004, or firstname.lastname@example.org. To see other activities around town, check out “Events” on the city’s website, www.sanfordfl.gov.