The results of those votes are included below according to their listing on the straw poll ballot:
• President: Mitt Romney received 87%; President Barack Obama, 13%
• United States Senator: Connie Mack received 65% of the Republican vote; Dave Weldon, 21% of the Republican vote; Mike McCalister, 12% of the Republican vote and Marielena Stuart, 1% of the Republican vote; Bill Nelson received 85% of the Democratic vote; Glenn A. Burkett, 15% of the Democratic vote.
• Representative in Congress- District 5: LeAnne Kolb received 88%; Corrine Brown, 12%
• Representative in Congress- District 7: John Mica received 77% of the Republican vote; Sandy Adams received 23% of the Republican vote; Jason H. Kendall received 64% of the Democratic vote; Nicholas Ruiz III received 36% of the Democratic vote
• State Attorney: Phil Archer received 90%; Ryan James Vescio, 10%
• Public Defender: Blaise Trettis received 63%; Ken Rhoden, 37%
• State Senator- District 10: David Simmons received 90%; Leo Cruz, 10%
• State Representative- District 28: Jason Brodeur received 54%; John F. Bush,46%
• State Representative- District 29: Chris Dorworth received 64%; John Moffitt, 30%; Jeffrey Onest, 6%
• State Representative- District 30: Scott Plakon received 84%; Karen Castor Dentel, 16%
• County Commissioner- District 3: Lee Constantine received 51%; Kathleen Gallagher McIver received 21%; Dick Van Der Weide received 17%; Don Epps received 11%
• County Commissioner- District 5: Brenda Carey received 90%; Gail Ellis 10%
• Circuit Judge 18th Judicial Court- Group 26: Jim Earp received 77%; Matthew “Matt” Aungst, 23%
• County Court Judge- Group 2: Jeff Dowdy received 51%; Jaimon H. Perry received 17%; Debra L. Krause received 17%; Greg Hass received 15%
• School Board- District 4: Amy Lockhart received 82%; Sylvia Pond, 18%
• The Seminole County School Board Referendum passed with 54% of the vote.
“Reports indicate that Seminole County will be a hotly-contested region during both the August and November elections, making tonight’s Seminole HOB NOB results all the more impactful,” said Peter Schoemann, Chairman of the Board for the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
The Seminole HOB NOB was held at the Westin Lake Mary Orlando North, and was sponsored by Bright House Networks, Progress Energy, the Westin Lake Mary Orlando North, the University of Central Florida and Florida Hospital.