IDignity provides assistance in obtaining Florida ID cards & licenses, birth certificates,
Social Security cards, VA records and other documents with assistance of legal counsel.
The event will be held Thursday, July 26 with intake from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church at 813 Pine Ave., Sanford.
In order to obtain or replace a Florida ID, you will need the following proofs:
(1) Proof of Identity (need one of the following)
• An original certified birth certificate from Vital Statistics with raised seal.
• A valid U.S. passport, permanent resident card or immigration documents.
• All name changes will require a marriage, divorce or other legal certificate.
(2) Proof of your Social Security Number (need one of the following)
• SS Card, Medicare Card, Tax form (W-2 or 1099) or Job payment stub.
(3) Proof of Residency (need two from the following)
• Letter from a shelter claiming you as a resident.
• Certification of Address (CA) Form from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
• CA Form from person allowing you to live with them, along with their 2 proofs.
• Mortgage or rental agreement.
• Tax form (W-2 or 1099) or recent mail from a government agency.
• Utility bill or bank statement less than two months old.
IDignity will try to assist you in obtaining missing documents yet understand that this process may require you to attend multiple events and it does not always work. If proofs have already been submitted to the DMV, since Jan 2010, you may not have to again.
Coordinators of the event are also looking for full and part-time volunteers to help out. To register as a volunteer visit www.IDignity.org.