• Police arrested a 29-year-old Sanford man Tuesday after they said he punched his girlfriend in the stomach and broke her phone so she could not call anyone.
Justin Miller was charged with domestic violence battery and obstructing justice by depriving the use of 911. He was taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 45-year-old Sanford man Wednesday after they said he punched and kicked his girlfriend, then took her phone so she could not call police.
Police said the man was not at the residence when they first responded and when they returned the victim told police the man was upset that she called and took her cell phone. She also told police he said to her, “If I am going to jail, I am going for something,” and grabbed a pipe.
Albert Donald James, of Locust Avenue, was charged with domestic violence battery and obstructing justice. He was taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 51-year-old Sanford man Wednesday after they said he pushed a woman during an argument.
Patrick Hampton, of W. 17th Street, was charged with battery and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 20-year-old man Thursday after they said he grabbed a woman and would not let her leave an apartment in the Plantation Lakes neighborhood.
Police said the man attempted to kiss the woman and when she refused he grabbed her, threw her on a bed and held her down. The man told police he did not want her to leave and continued to hold her down until she was able to break free.
Hugh John Nelson was charged with kidnapping/ false imprisonment, burglary, and battery. He was taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested three Orlando men Thursday after they said the three stole a car from the Stonebrook Apartments.
Police said the victim heard the sound of his car being moved and followed the men with another vehicle. Police eventually caught up to the stolen vehicle and were able to pull it over. Police said the center console was pried apart and they found tools used to steal the car inside.
Dorian Dyllan Astacio, 20, Yonnell Alberto Concepcion Pujols, 20, and Anthony Bruce Collins, 22, were each charged with grand theft of a motor vehicle, burglary and possession of burglary tools. They were taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 23-year-old Deltona man May 31 after they said he attempted to steal a video game from the Walmart on Rinehart Road.
Shawn Michael West, of Sandy Lane, was charged with larceny and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 24-year-old Port Orange man Friday after they said he was driving on a suspended license.
Police said they pulled the man over because he did not have his headlights on. The man admitted his license was suspended and told police he was just trying to be nice and take two girls home.
James Raymond Spence, of Country Circle Drive, was charged with driving with a suspended license and taken to the Seminole County jail.
Resisting an officer
• Police arrested a 26-year-old Sanford man Monday after they said he would not comply with an officer’s order during a traffic stop.
Police said they pulled the man over for his tint being to dark and during the traffic stop the man tried to walk away and enter his residence. Police said the man would not stop or come back to the car and police eventually had to deploy a taser on the man to arrest him. Police said during a search of the man they found a bag of marijuana and learned his license was suspended.
Timothy Jerome Liggons, of Maple Avenue, was charged with resisting an officer with violence, driving with a suspended license and possession of marijuana under 20 grams. He was taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 46-year-old Sanford woman Monday after they said she gave police a false name during an inquiry about a conditional release violation.
Police said they received notice that a man’s GPS tracking devise had alerted he was in an area he was not supposed to be in. When police located the man they said a woman with him gave them the wrong name, as she was the person the man was not supposed to be in contact with.
Debbie Webb, of W. 16th Street, was charged with resisting an officer without violence and Tony Angelo Webb, of Ridgewood Avenue, was charged with a conditional release violation. Both were taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 44-year-old Sanford man Tuesday after they said he was trespassing at the Family Dollar on E. 1st Street.
Police said the man has already been trespassed from the location and was reported by an employee.
Tony Warren Smith, homeless, was charged with trespassing and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 29-year-old Sanford man Wednesday after they said he trespassed at the Seminole Towne Center.
Police said they responded to the mall due to a fight and learned the man had been previously trespassed from the location.
Raymond L. Federick, of W. 3rd Street, was charged with trespassing and taken to the Seminole County jail.