• Police arrested a 18-year-old Lake Mary woman Tuesday after they said she attempted to steal her boyfriend’s television, then scratched him.
Police said the woman was trying to remove her things from the home they were staying in together when she also took his television. When the man chased her to get it back, he fell on the stairs, hurting his ankle, and the woman scratched his side.
Ardelle Hawkins, of Calico Drive, was charged with battery and taken to the Seminole County jail.
Assault with intent
• Police arrested a 38-year-old Orlando man Tuesday after they said he threatened to kill a doctor in the emergency room.
Police said the man has come to the emergency room before and threatened the doctor. When police arrived they heard him say, “You will have a murder charge on me. I am going to kill that guy before the night is out!”
Hubert Lamont Shaw, of Hibiscus Court, was charged with assault with intent to commit a felony and taken to the Seminole County jail. He was also charged with a violation of probation.
• Police arrested a 20-year-old man and 19-year-old man after one of them admitted to burglarizing an apartment and taking televisions and laptops.
Police said the victim of the crime left the 19-year-old alone in her home while running to the store and returned to find some of the things missing.
Gregory Jonathan Moran, of El Portal Avenue, and Devante Jerold Smith, of Northlake Boulevard, were charged with burglary of a structure and larceny and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 49-year-old Sanford man Tuesday after they said he was at the McDonalds on S. French Avenue, where the man had been previously trespassed from.
Kelly Scott Allison, homeless, was charged with trespassing and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 41-year-old man Tuesday after they said he attempted to steal a sandwich and milk from the 7-Eleven on Airport Boulevard and U.S. 17-92.
Police said the clerk at the store asked him to turn over the stolen items, however he only gave her the milk. When police found him in woods nearby, the man said he had left the sandwich behind the store and had not ate it.
Adam Emory Hunt, homeless, was charged with larceny and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 43-year-old Sanford man Tuesday after they said he got in an argument, stole someone’s phone and would not let them call 911.
Police said they found the man outside because he matched the description of someone else they were looking for. After speaking with him, police said the victim informed them the man had gotten into an argument inside a house. During the argument, the victim said, the man took the victim’s cell phone so they would not call 911. When police searched the man they also found marijuana on his person.
Dennis Renard Lawrence, of W. 20th Street, was charged with depriving a victim of calling 911, larceny, and marijuana possession under 20 grams and taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 32-year-old Sanford man Tuesday after they said he was in possession of cocaine and marijuana.
Police said the man was smoking marijuana in a car on W. 13th Street and they smelled it as they drove past. Police said after a search of the car they found marijuana and cocaine in the backseat.
Tavius Lennard Hunter, of Roosevelt Avenue, was charged with possession of cocaine and marijuana under 20 grams. He was taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 37-year-old Sanford man Thursday after they said he tried to run from a police officer and was found to be in possession of marijuana.
Police said they observed the man drinking a wine cooler in public and attempted to stop him. The man tried to run away but when police caught him they found he had two small bags of marijuana on his person.
Lucious Nmn Willis, homeless, was charged with resisting an officer with violence, marijuana possession under 20 grams, drug equipment possession and possession of an open container of alcohol. He was taken to the Seminole County jail.
• Police arrested a 53-year-old Sanford man Thursday after they said he was drunk and causing a disturbance on Yale Avenue.
Police said they found the man in the middle of a verbal altercation with nun chucks in his hand. Police said they realized the man was intoxicated and he would not cooperate with them.
Tommy Lee Tiger, of Yale Avenue, was charged with disorderly intoxication and taken to the Seminole County jail.
Resisting an officer
• Police arrested an 18-year-old Sanford man Tuesday after they said he tried to run away when police attempted to detain him.
Police stopped the man, who was with a group of men, because they recognized him as someone with a warrant in Seminole County. After searching county records, the police found the man had six active warrants. When they attempted to arrest him, he tried to run away.
Emmanuel Isiah Burgess, of Retreat View Circle, was charged with resisting an officer without violence and taken to the Seminole County jail.