Exciting programs include half-day and full-day camps for children ages 6 -12, and the Cub Club pre-school series for ages 2-5. T-shirt and snack are included with each summer camp.
Zoo Director of Education Stephanie Williams said, “The Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is truly a living classroom where fun and adventures in learning happen all summer long. Each week-long camp will spark excitement for wildlife and create meaningful experiences for campers of all ages.”
The summer camps will run in June, July and August. They are priced as follows:
Half-day camp: Zoo members $110, non-members $130
Half-day camps: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Week-long, stay-all-day camp: Zoo members $160, nonmembers $180
Before Care: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., $5/day. After Care: 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., $5/day.
*Two day camp: Zoo members, $45; non-members $55 half-day
*Two day camp: Zoo members, $65; non-members $75 stay-all-day
Here is a listing of all the zoo camps:
• Alien Invaders (ages 6-12): Campers are space travelers this week as they journey to Earth in a space ship they design and build.
• Animal ZOOmology (ages 6-12): Search, seek and explore the world of the animal kingdom and inhabitants of unusual habitats.
• *Bug Buzz Explorers (ages 6-8): Campers will catch the bug buzz in this exciting look at some incredible creatures.
• Build a Zoo Workshop (ages 6-12): How do Zoo Keepers create natural habitats in zoos? See first-hand what it takes to design a zoo.
• *Camp Carnivore (ages 9-12): What do they eat? Lots of meat! Discover what it takes to be a carnivore.
• *Creepy Crawly Critters (ages 9-12): Explore the world of tiny terrors, creepy crawlies, and things that go pitter patter in the night.
• Expedition EarthTrek (ages 9-12): Mission EarthTrek is leaving for an exciting expedition into the past. Explore the ancient world of animals, volcanoes, fossils and more.
• Going Wild! (ages 6-12): We’re going wild about animals as campers explore the wild side of animal senses and behaviors.
• *I Dig Bones! (ages 6-8): Get down and dirty in the ZooLab paleontology dig site. Examine fossils, skulls and biofacts.
• *Ickyology (ages 9-12): Enjoy the “Yuk!” side of animal science, from dissecting owl pellets to examining tiny creatures under a microscope.
• Jr. Zoo Keeper (ages 9-12): Experience what it’s like to be a Zoo Keeper—go behind the scenes working
• Jungle to Jungle (ages 9-12): Jump into action to save threatened and endangered species around the world.
• Paws on the Planet (ages 6-8): Travel the world as an animal investigator and explore endangered species and disappearing habitats.
• Pirates of the ZOOribbean (ages 6-8): Set sail for mysterious islands, explore lost habitats and discover amazing and unusual animals.
• Predator Prowl (ages 6-8): Predators are everywhere—above ground and below, from desert to jungle.
• Radical Reptiles (ages 6-12): Enter the radical realm of reptiles to learn how cool these cold-blooded creatures really are.
• *Rainforest Adventures (ages 6-12): Track mysterious and exotic animals while exploring the hidden depths of the rainforest.
• Safari Express (ages 6-12): Explore the lands, cultures and animals of New and Old World continents with tours, activities, and encounters.
• Swamp Stompin’ Gone Wild (ages 6-12): Feel the thrill of exploring the wet and wild side of Florida’s wetlands.
• *Untamed Tales (ages 6-8): Myths, legends and animal tales. Discover what’s true and not true about amazing creatures from around the world.
• *Wild About Animals (ages 9-12): Discovery stations will offer campers exciting opportunities to explore some of nature’s most intriguing animal questions.
• ZOOper Heroes (ages 6-8): Spiderman, Batman and Squirrel Girl— investigate the world of super-heroes with animal abilities.
• ZOOvivor (ages 9-12): Focus on animal skills in the wild to see which will be the ultimate ZOOvivor.
• Z.S.I. – Zoo Sleuths (ages 9-12): Zoo Science Investigators will be called on to solve a mystery and will go behind the scenes to save the animals at the Zoo!
For more information or to register call 407-323-4450 ext. 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the zoo’s website at www.centralfloridazoo.org for a complete brochure or to register online.